African Union (AU) Recruitment 2022:- This article is written to inform the public that African Union (AU) is recruiting suitably and qualified candidate to apply for the vacant position available in the Organization. The submission of the application form is still on. This is a good opportunity for every interested candidate, to apply now before the closing date.
Briefly About the Organization
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Recruitment Assistant
Requisition ID: 1361
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reports to: Recruitment Officer
Directorate/Department: Human Resources Management
Division: Social Welfare, Drug Control & Crime Prevention
Number of Positions: 5
Job Grade: GSA5
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Purpose of Job
- To provide frontline operational support in the recruitment of staff for AU Commission Departments/Directorates.
- Participate in recruitment processes and activities to ensure the smooth running of all recruitment procedures.
- Provides timely operational support;
- Prepares office communication and drafts reports;
- Handles communication at operational level and provides update;
- Provide support for the compilation and maintenance of data and information for preparation, implementation and monitoring of budgets, activities etc
- Plans and prepares draft operational work schedules and follow up implementation;
- Coordinates and/or Engages in technical assistance and/or logistical work;
- Provides support for the creation, improvement and maintenance of operational processes and systems;
Specific Responsibilities for African Union (AU) Recruitment 2022
- Provide support for the provision of comprehensive first line information about recruitment to departments and responding to recruitment related queries in a responsive and client focused manner;
- Coordinates the scheduling and organizing shortlisting and interview sessions for client departments
- Makes logistical and administrative arrangements for shortlisting and interview exercises for panels and candidates;
- Provides support for processing appointment decisions by submitting all relevant and complete documents to the appointing authority.
- Creates contracts on SAP upon appointment of successful candidate;
- Undertakes clerical and administrative work related to recruitment;
- Coordinates travel for fly-in candidate;
- Maintains candidate database and ensures record keeping for all recruitment activities;
- Delivers accurate shortlisting and Interview reports using success factor;
- Conducts follow up on recruitment decisions to ensure their timely implementation;
- Prepares weekly activity report of shortlisting and interview for submission to the recruitment officer
- Ensures reference checking for successful candidates;
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A Diploma in Human Resource Management, Administration or any other related field with five (5) years’ experience in administrative work in similar international organizations.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s Degree are required to have two (2) years’ experience in administrative work in similar international organization.
- Knowledge in SAP success factor is desirable
- Planning and organizational skills
- Computing skills
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Communication and report writing skills
- Teamwork and Collaboration;
- Accountability awareness and Compliance;
- Learning Orientation;
- Communicating Clearly;
- Trouble shooting;
- Job Knowledge and information sharing:
- Task Focused;
- Continuous Improvement Awareness;
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment shall be for an initial period of two (2) years, the first six (6) months of which shall be on probation. It shall be renewable subject to performance and availability of funds.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
The salary attached to the position is an annual lump-sum of US$50,148.396 inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff and US$21,354.35 inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 31st August, 2022.
African Union (AU) Recruitment 2022: See Eligibility, Requirement and How to Apply