Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
Job Position, Location and How to apply
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Contract Engineer
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Standard
Job Purpose & Accountabilities
- Execute the complete contracting process including contract strategy and tactics for a variety of support type contracts but primarily contract management activities associated with the main EPC contracts.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in development and execution of contract strategies driving towards value maximization.
- Collaborate with internal and external (contractor) stakeholders in protecting the interests of company and ensuring delivery of maximum value via each of the awarded contract/commercial deal
The responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to:
- Develop works and services demand forecast and planning and prepare contract plans.
- Guide Contract Owners / Holders to articulate contract scope, specification, select contracting strategies, and prepare counter estimates taking account of risk assessment, cost drivers, market analysis, and value optimization (including Nigerian Content) and applying lessons learnt from
- previous projects/contracts.
- In accordance with Company policies and procedures prepare, review and issue RfQ/ITT and subsequently analyze bids and lead clarifications and
- negotiations in collaboration with Tender Evaluation Team (TET) and assist Contract Owners/Holders to prepare, present and defend award/variation submissions to Company Tender Committees to obtain approvals.
- Assess contracting risk and mitigation responses.
- Drive strong commercial influence in thinking and behavior of internal stakeholders and train stakeholders in contract development and
- Set up and maintain contract data in contract management systems tools, analyze data and prepare reports to support contract management as
- Actively provide advice to Contract Holder on contractual issues to ensure Company and Contractor act in accordance with the Contract
- Develop and issue contract documents incorporating general and specific terms and conditions as applicable, liaising with legal and functional disciplines to resolve contractual qualifications.
- Attend contract meetings and produce accurate minutes of proceedings and follow up necessary actions to ensure the contract process is satisfied
- in line with Company policies and procedures, and assist in the administration of Tender Committees.
- Review, evaluate and produce recommendations for variations and claims, as well as contractual correspondence, including the structuring of cost forecast, non-conformances, other disputes/conflicts, and facilitate contract close out.
- A University Degree in Law, Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Business or Financial management or other related discipline.
- Membership of The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) UK or Nigeria, or Institute of Supply Management (ISM) is an advantage.
- 10 years post graduate experience in a contracting or legal role preferably in an Oil & Gas Engineering, Procurement and Construction project
- environment, or, industry involving projects, construction, maintenance, shutdowns and facilities management.
- Demonstrable experience of a variety of contract types and reimbursement mechanisms.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
- Great networking abilities.
- Ability to work across international/cultural boundaries.
- Strong team player with good communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable experience in defending against claims and variations and their management.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent letter/report/analysis writing and computing skills.
- Functionally & administratively reports to: Contract Engineering Lead
- Fluent in English, written and verbally.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 13th October, 2022.